How do I get my Galaxy S5 to connect to my Jabra Bluetooth?

A

AC Question

how do i get my galaxy s5 to connect to my jabra bluetooth?

Never had a problem before with my other phone

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: how do i get my galaxy s5 to connect to my jabra bluetooth?

1. Ensure Bluetooth is on on the device settings-> Bluetooth and search for the jabra
2. If the jabra has a pairing or discovery button try hold that to put it into discovery mode. It may have paired the first time easy and still be tied to the other device and is not automatically overriding. What is the model

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There are basically two methods to put a Bluetooth earpiece into pairing mode 1. Turn OFF Bluetooth device, press & hold talk button, turn on device, scan or search for the device under your phone's Bluetooth settings 2. Turn ON Bluetooth device, press & hold talk button, turn on the device, scan or search for the device under your phone's Bluetooth setting. Both methods will make most Bluetooth devices blink from red to blue when the device is pairing mode. Some may go to a solid blue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

jjcoers

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded this from the Jabra site. Number 6 seems to be the key, and I also restarted my Galaxy5 before reattempting. It worked!
1. Touch Apps
2. Scroll to and touch Settings
3. Scroll to and touch Bluetooth.
4. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on
5. Slide the Power switch to turn the JABRA DRIVE On
6. Press and hold the Answer/End button until you have a rapid flashing blue LED
7. Touch the JABRA DRIVE in the list of devices
8. The JABRA DRIVE is now paired
9. The JABRA DRIVE and Galaxy S5 are now ready to be used

11xiteu1

May 10, 2016
Visit site
There are basically two methods to put a Bluetooth earpiece into pairing mode 1. Turn OFF Bluetooth device, press & hold talk button, turn on device, scan or search for the device under your phone's Bluetooth settings 2. Turn ON Bluetooth device, press & hold talk button, turn on the device, scan or search for the device under your phone's Bluetooth setting. Both methods will make most Bluetooth devices blink from red to blue when the device is pairing mode. Some may go to a solid blue.

11xiteu1

May 10, 2016
Visit site

Does anyone have any idea what a talk button is please.

neddyc

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a Jabra Drive hands free phone device the "Talk Button" is in the middle of the speaker and is pushed for answering or calling out on the Bluetooth paired cell phone.Its part of the Bluetooth device not the cell phone.Hope this helps.

stringbby

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Galaxy s4 and have never had a problem pairing any headset with it but this Extreme 2 is killing me. First it doesn't say Jabra Extreme, it says 5E:8C:51:97:60:D4. Is that the headset? It took a while to get my phone to recognize it but now it says "unable to communicate with that number I just put. What can I do here?