i am going to mexico soon and i dont plan on purchasing a travel pack. most of my communication is on bbm or whatsapp. my resort has free wifi, and i do not plan on making any phone calls. when i am there, what things do i need to turn OFF so i do not get charged for roaming or data usage when not connected to wifi?. last time i traveled i got charged for receiving e-mail and such, because i clearly did not turn something off. i am with Rogers. What steps do i follow in order to not get charged while off wifi?
    10-01-2014 10:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just turn your mobile data off. Which device do you have? Some devices have a quick toggle for mobile data in the Quick Settings swipedown menu. Otherwise, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks, and uncheck Data Enabled.
    10-02-2014 03:08 AM
    I think you should. You'd be surprised how much data you can inadvertantly use, even when you think you're connected to WiFi. The phone can drop WiFi for a minute, download a few MB of data, and all of a sudden, you have a huge bill waiting for you at home.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-02-2014 05:03 AM