So, I finally decided to actually post somewhere, since I finally noticed that THIS is something that happens regularly. For starters, I have a Black S5, Android version 4.4.2 (I am giving you this detail since I really think Android messed up this version). Now, let me give you the process, step by step. First, I noticed that my phone was moving slow, like, really slow. Switching through menu panels took considerably longer than 1 second. Then, there came the little glitches, here and there, like Youtube app keyboard flashing and staying on the screen, even after Youtube is closed, notifications appearing hours later, etc. After that, my alarm clock first glitches out (no notification), then just outright won't work (no alarm, no nothing). And then, when I try to download apps, they get stuck. They ALWAYS get stuck at 91%. This happened two weeks ago. I wiped my phone clean and installed an antivirus, a cleaning tool, a safer browser, provided by the guys who made the antivirus. Thought I had a virus and that should stop things like this from happening. Well, here I am, two weeks later, the exact same thing happening. I guess I'll wipe it clean for now, since I very much need to install apps, and actually do stuff with my phone, but I await your responses, because, God knows I need them.
    P.S. My phone is new, not second-hand.
    10-02-2014 01:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! 3 things to try, in no particular order:

1. If you have an SD card, unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various issues.
    2. Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the issues go away, then something you installed is causing instability.
    3. Wipe the cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data.

Steps for #2 & 3 are here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
    10-02-2014 02:50 AM
    B. Diddy has a great suggestion regarding the SD card if there is one. I had a Galaxy S III that was pretty much doing similar things (not to mention causing crazy battery drain) because the SD card was failing.

The other suggestions are worthwhile to try as well.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-02-2014 03:28 AM
    and if it is your sd card back it up on your pc then reformat it on the device and transfer small groups of file at a time to make sure the problem is not from one of your files.
    10-02-2014 05:05 AM