HTC Rezound can only access HBOOT; green HTC logo on white screen and turns off?

A

AC Question

I've taken relatively good care of my phone. About three weeks ago, my phone randomly died and after a few hours (I was not home) I finally connected it to my charger. Turns out that once I connected it, the orange light would come on for 3-5 seconds before turning off. I took out the battery, put it back in, and pushed the power button to only have it turn on to a white screen with a green HTC logo before turning off again. I tried connecting to my PC but adb says error: no devices found. I'm still looking for solutions. I've been running on Amon Ra recovery and Liquid Smooth v2.37. Any and all help is appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've taken relatively good care of my phone. About three weeks ago, my phone randomly died and after a few hours (I was not home) I finally connected it to my charger. Turns out that once I connected it, the orange light would come on for 3-5 seconds before turning off. I took out the battery, put it back in, and pushed the power button to only have it turn on to a white screen with a green HTC logo before turning off again. I tried connecting to my PC but adb says error: no devices found. I'm still looking for solutions. I've been running on Amon Ra recovery and Liquid Smooth v2.37. Any and all help is appreciated.

Hello. So you have no access to your recovery? Just the bootloader? (by hboot , I'm assuming you mean bootloader). Does fastboot mode still work in bootloader?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

shock_and_awe

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello. So you have no access to your recovery? Just the bootloader? (by hboot , I'm assuming you mean bootloader). Does fastboot mode still work in bootloader?

Yeah basically. I can access Fastboot USB only on my phone but it doesn't have any effect on my PC. If I try to use Recovery, Reboot Bootloader, Factory Reset, it will just go to the white screen with the green HTC logo and shut off.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah basically. I can access Fastboot USB only on my phone but it doesn't have any effect on my PC. If I try to use Recovery, Reboot Bootloader, Factory Reset, it will just go to the white screen with the green HTC logo and shut off.
What is your computer running? Windows 8? 7? Are you using USB 2 or 3? How about the cable? Is it the stock one that came with the phone?

shock_and_awe

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
What is your computer running? Windows 8? 7? Are you using USB 2 or 3? How about the cable? Is it the stock one that came with the phone?

I'm running Windows 7. The USB that I am using is not stock since I bought this phone by itself online back in 2012. I've had software/ROM issues before but managed to solve them. I've never had anything like this happen before though. I have USB 2.0.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Windows 7. The USB that I am using is not stock since I bought this phone by itself online back in 2012. I've had software/ROM issues before but managed to solve them. I've never had anything like this happen before though. I have USB 2.0.
Do you have the latest drivers installed? If not, download HTC Sync.

shock_and_awe

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the latest drivers installed? If not, download HTC Sync.

I have all the latest drivers and software for the HTC Rezound. At the moment, I do have command access of fastboot from my computer so I can probably flash something from here. The only problem is that my device isn't listed when I use "adb devices". I just need to get my phone working again. I just tried to flash a new recovery (TWRP) but I don't think it was successful. I'm going to try flashing a custom ROM at the moment and hopefully I can get my phone back.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have all the latest drivers and software for the HTC Rezound. At the moment, I do have command access of fastboot from my computer so I can probably flash something from here. The only problem is that my device isn't listed when I use "adb devices". I just need to get my phone working again. I just tried to flash a new recovery (TWRP) but I don't think it was successful. I'm going to try flashing a custom ROM at the moment and hopefully I can get my phone back.
That's the way to go. Try flashing a recovery again, mount, and flash a ROM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87