My phone just started doing voice notifications for incoming messages, in addition to vibrate and beep that I had before. How do I turn off the voice notification?
    10-02-2014 09:06 AM
    My phone just started doing voice notifications for incoming messages, in addition to vibrate and beep that I had before. How do I turn off the voice notification?
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried checking the sound section in your settings to see if a voice notification feature is enabled? It'll help us out if you state your device model.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL
    10-02-2014 09:28 AM
    01-12-2015 01:48 AM
    Is this just another one of those forums where all you get is questions and no answers? My android (a galaxy s4) will just keep notifying me nonstop until I am committed to an asylum even though I have turned off all motion detection. I go on long hikes just so I can relax, exercise, and listen to audio books all at the same time but Google in their infinite wisdom will not let it be so. I had voice turned off for a couple of weeks but it found its way back just like Jack Nicholson in the Shining. I never did get any other sound notifications turned off. The only solution I have found is to turn off my phone. Now... since I know you have no answers, please, what is your question? I would think that all you would have to know is that this is happening to just about everyone I know who listens to music or books on their android phones while they are moving around. I can listen for about 90 minutes out of a 2-hour hike if I carry the phone in my hand instead of my pocket, but my hand gets very cold. If I keep the phone in my pocket I get to listen for almost an hour before the notifications start up. Then I can never stop them except by carrying the phone in my hand. OK... what else do you need to know?
    03-09-2015 11:28 AM
    Guys, I Googled for "how do I turn off voice notification for text messages android" and got this result. Actually, I managed to solve this problem by myself so I just registered here to offer you my assistance. Me, I use a Samsung Galaxy Trend, and for some reason all of a sudden this issue started to occur. For me, the problem was that I had somehow activated "handsfree mode" or something along those lines. I fixed the issue by visiting the "notifications" menu (the menu that has shortcuts for turning on/off wi-fi, gps, sound and bluetooth and is accessed by being on the "desktop" and dragging downwards from the upper edge of the screen). Here you simply turn handsfree mode off. (You can also choose to disable specific features of the handsfree mode, but keep the mode itself active.)
    03-29-2015 04:46 AM
    My phone is a VS 985 4G LTE - and I can think of no good reason why this feature exists for those annoying announcements when heard before an incoming call or "loss of signal" - (which can go on endlessly) . So no real help or answer found on the these help forums (expected though)... but for me, I don't know why it was on, but I stopped this problem by going to sound and notification; interruptions;and un-checking incoming calls. For good measure I also unchecked 'sound when roaming' from sound effects.
    Boom!
    08-15-2015 10:11 AM