Why is my S4 screen replacement unresponsive to touch?

A

AC Question

s4 screen replacement, unresponsive touchscreen help

Hi
I have replaced the screen on my samsuns s4 (this is the second time). The digitiser is all intact and I'm able to freely use the phone however, when the replacement screen is in place the touchscreen doesn't respond. To recap if i take the replacement screen off i can use and swipe and all that. but I obviously can't go around using it without a screen.
Can someone please help give me advice what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Pixie

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: s4 screen replacement, unresponsive touchscreen help

I can tell you what I'm doing wrong, and that's trying to answer the question. You sound like you know far more about these things than I do, but don't you have to use a special adhesive to maintain touch sensitivity? Are you using that?

Posted via Android Central App

pixie522

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: s4 screen replacement, unresponsive touchscreen help

Thanks for reply belodion, I have not used the glue that you are talking about because I didnt last time and it worked fine. I have also watched numerous vids on youtube and I don't think that I have to neccessarily use it. To be honest I'm not sure either way.. ?? : (

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. ☺

I'm certainly not an expert and have zero experience of this sort of thing but I know that losing touch after replacing the glass is well-known. I remember reading here on the forums somewhere of a DIY repairer who only recovered touch after using glue. I thought special glue was included with the glass. I'm sorry I can't help further but the glue thing is just something I've heard of.

Posted via Android Central App