Hi, I've had an S4 for well over a year. It's a great phone. Sprint is my carrier. I've been very happy with them. However, after the KitKat update was applied, my phone started heating up and the battery is draining like crazy. I've been carrying spare batteries with me and sometimes I go through four a day. I got a battery monitoring program and it's showing that the drain is coming from software. Specifically either Android System or Kernel (Android OS) depending on the day. Sometimes both are very high. This has ONLY been since KitKat. Any ideas?
    10-02-2014 01:36 PM
    Hi, I've had an S4 for well over a year. It's a great phone. Sprint is my carrier. I've been very happy with them. However, after the KitKat update was applied, my phone started heating up and the battery is draining like crazy. I've been carrying spare batteries with me and sometimes I go through four a day. I got a battery monitoring program and it's showing that the drain is coming from software. Specifically either Android System or Kernel (Android OS) depending on the day. Sometimes both are very high. This has ONLY been since KitKat. Any ideas?
    I would see if a factory reset will assist in this situation.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL
    10-02-2014 01:48 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my Nexus 4. I have tried several battery management apps but they haven't helped much. I guess I will try a factory reset as suggested. Is there any other potential cause? Bad App?
    10-04-2014 10:14 AM
    ^^^Before Factory Resetting, try a Cache Partition wipe, which is much more user-friendly and may just fix the problem. If your problem occurred after an update, please let us know if the wipe fixes it...I tend to believe that a Cache Partition wipe is good practice after a system update but am not really sure whether it's true, so feedback would be welcome!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-04-2014 01:37 PM