Can anyone help me with some issues that I am having with my Straight Talk conversion from AT&T?

A

AC Question

Straight Talk conversion from AT&T

Hello All!

I have looked through all sorts of forums but cannot seem to find info that is a) recent or b) correct.

My wife and I just did the BYOP from AT&T to Straight Talk. I have a Galaxy S3 and she has a iPhone 5. Both are/were locked, but the Straight Talk person told us that it didn't matter as long as we used compatible SIM cards.

I can get almost everything working on my phone EXCEPT MMS. Any help?

Her phone? Well, it's a disaster. Calling works, but that is all. Can't browse the internet, can't do anything (unless it's on WIFI, of course). I can't even figure out how to adjust the APN settings on an iPhone.

Please help!

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Straight Talk conversion from AT&T

For MMS to work, make sure that mobile data is enabled, MMS requires a data connection to work, won't work on just WiFi.. And on the iPhone no clue.. I've heard stories of byop for iphones is complicated..

Posted via Android Central App

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can anyone help me with some issues that I am having with my Straight Talk conversion from AT&T?

For Android, you have to find the correct APN (Access Point Name) settings for your phone. The iPhone doesn't let you manually adjust the APN, it is done through a website you access through your iPhone via WiFi connection.