Why am I unable to hear my incoming calls but the callers can hear me?

A

AC Question

i cant hear caller but caller can hear me. Help

I changed the APN by instruction except for "server" still says cingulargprs.com I dont know if that has anything to do with this problem.
Its a new phone off of Ebay. Android 4.3 and have straight talk. This is very frustrating.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: i cant hear caller but caller can hear me. Help

I changed the APN by instruction except for "server" still says cingulargprs.com I dont know if that has anything to do with this problem.
Its a new phone off of Ebay. Android 4.3 and have straight talk. This is very frustrating.
Does this happen all the time? If it doesn't, it could be a bad connection on the network at the time of that call. If it's all the time, then perhaps it's a hardware issue with your device (microphone?). Since the call is being connected, and you can hear the other caller, then it's not related to your apn settings.

Since it's new try contacting the seller for a replacement or return.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i cant hear caller but caller can hear me. Help

1) The APN is for internet connections, it has nothing to do with phone calls or texting. (It stands for Access Point Name - the name of the carrier's access point to the internet.)

2) If you can hear other things in the receiver (the piece at the top of the phone that you put by your ear - it's actually a tiny speaker), it's prpobably a firmware problem. If not, it's a hardware problem. In either case, as srkmagnus said, contact the seller for a repair or replacement. (If the carrier has a local repair center, and it's a firmware problem, they can probably reflash the phone while you wait.)