We are using Samsung tablets for our school, and there is an APP that we are interested in purchasing, but we have one google account for all the tablets (for logistics reasons). Is it possible to buy the desire APP one time and download it to the other tablets or do I have to buy it 30 times? Thanks!
    10-03-2014 03:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Theoretically, you should be able to download the app on all devices, since it's the same account. I'm not sure if there are any limits put into place by Google Play or by any specific app developers.

EDIT: Downloading to multiple devices for use by multiple people appears to be against the terms of service: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...e-play-account
    10-03-2014 12:20 PM
    Physically, you can download the app once, then back it up to an .apk file (using a backup program like App backup & Restore), put the .apk file on an SD card, move the card from one device to the next, running it on each device. It'll install when you run it. (You can use My Files to find it each time.)

Legally, the license (not stated in most apps) is for a single device, so to keep it legal (and schools are among the most frequently checked institutions - and the fines for copyright violation can be huge) you should email the developer (the email address should be at the button of the Play Store page for the app, under "Contact Developer) and describe the situation - the name of the school, how many devices you want to install on, etc. As a software developer for over 40 years, I know that if I received such request from a legitimate school and the app was in any way instructional, I'd give the school a free site license (use it on as many devices as the school owns) and a free copy of the app. Education pays us all, it doesn't cost. (I worked for an educational software company decades ago remember Krell Logo?)

But ask. Libraries and archives have some exemptions, schools don't. If your legal people want a reference, the relevant law (title 17, USC) is at U.S. Copyright Office - Copyright Law: Chapter 1
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:39 PM