I have 4,000 contacts. Very often but not always I find searching for a name taking a few minutes! When the name is found and I choose it, it could take a minute or two display the content. Even looking for the details of a Favourite contact could take more than a minute to retrieve the content. How come? Maybe it is going out to the Internet because some of the records are linked to Exchange and LinkedIn. So, how can I speed things up? Do I have to stop sunc-ing contact databases in the cloud to my phone?

Thanks,
    CWL
    10-03-2014 05:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? My wife's HTC One M8 had this issue, and it was resolved by going to Settings>Accounts, removing her Google account, then adding it back again. She has 5000-6000 contacts, so I think this can happen with big numbers. I also noted that her Google Contacts sync would sometimes seem to get stuck syncing forever. She has lots of LinkedIn contacts as well. Once I removed her Google account and added it back, the problems resolved.
    10-03-2014 11:51 AM