I have a work phone that due to security settings prompts me twice to input the password. The first time I'm prompted I get through. The second time, before I would regularly get into the apps and regular phone features, etc., it prevents me from inputting a password and the keyboard no longer works. You can see that the applications are still loading and email indicators are appearing on the top above the time. I would really appreciate some assistance with this issue. Thx.
    10-03-2014 12:14 PM
    If it is due to rooting (I doubt it), it's due to the fact that whatever program you used to root it messed something up in addition to rooting the phone.

There may be some other cause, though. Remove all signs that the phone was rooted (the superuser app, the su and busybox files) and bring the phone to the carrier's repair store and ask for help. (Back up everything you can, first.)

Then use Towel Root to root. Since the exploit it uses is in Linux, and it's not something that messes Android up, it doesn't cause any problems.

(The only other thing I can think of, and it's a guess because I don't run Samsung phones with the Knox preloads, let alone with Knox installed, is that Knox, once downloaded and installed, won't run properly on a rooted phone.)
    10-03-2014 01:18 PM
    Thank you Rukbat for taking the time to help me solve this issue.

I actually rooted this Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) using Towel Root and the instructions I used said that I should install SuperSU as the root manager. Once I did that it prompted me about KNOX's removal which I accepted and then the screen started to flicker for a while. Ever since then the issue I explained above has been taking place.

Could you advise me on how to unroot my phone?

And thanks again!
    10-03-2014 02:18 PM
    Actually I got it I was able to factory restore the phone by following the instructions below:

Master reset with hardware keys

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume down key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
    Press Power button to select.
    Press the Volume down key to highlight ‘delete all user data.’
    Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
    When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to turn the restart the device.
    10-03-2014 03:00 PM