Would fitness app log distance via GPS without a data plan?

A

AC Question

I want to track jogging distance using a fitness app, on a spare phone that no longer has a data/internet plan.

Would the app still track distance if the GPS was turned on? It would connect to internet, but only at home (near wifi).

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S1 that is rooted and has a custom ROM installed, but the GPS does not work. I want to flash back to stock, but i first want to know if it would be worth the effort. It doesn't seem very easy.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I want to track jogging distance using a fitness app, on a spare phone that no longer has a data/internet plan.

Would the app still track distance if the GPS was turned on? It would connect to internet, but only at home (near wifi).

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S1 that is rooted and has a custom ROM installed, but the GPS does not work. I want to flash back to stock, but i first want to know if it would be worth the effort. It doesn't seem very easy.
It may. However, the mapping may still need to be connected to a data network to be updated. If you already tested and found out the answer let us know what you found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech