I want to track jogging distance using a fitness app, on a spare phone that no longer has a data/internet plan.

Would the app still track distance if the GPS was turned on? It would connect to internet, but only at home (near wifi).

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S1 that is rooted and has a custom ROM installed, but the GPS does not work. I want to flash back to stock, but i first want to know if it would be worth the effort. It doesn't seem very easy.
    10-04-2014 05:12 AM
    I want to track jogging distance using a fitness app, on a spare phone that no longer has a data/internet plan.

Would the app still track distance if the GPS was turned on? It would connect to internet, but only at home (near wifi).

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S1 that is rooted and has a custom ROM installed, but the GPS does not work. I want to flash back to stock, but i first want to know if it would be worth the effort. It doesn't seem very easy.
    It may. However, the mapping may still need to be connected to a data network to be updated. If you already tested and found out the answer let us know what you found.
    10-22-2014 10:03 AM
    If you use Maps, you can download a specific area (it's about the size of a small city) to use when you're offline.
    10-22-2014 04:31 PM
    I use a distance tracking app(Endomondo) without data connection and it works without any issues
    10-23-2014 02:23 AM