Why are my Default Email clients failing?

A

AC Question

Default Email client fails

The recent Tab 2 (Oct 2014) update appears to have screwed my default Email but all other apps appear to work.

The emails are delivered to my Android device. The first line of incoming message is visible and it can change to 2 or 3 lines.
Also msgs can be delete from the Tablet.

Try opening any of the emails; the email app closes almost immediately. Trying to write an email from the app All that appears is a completely blank white screen which enventually closes.

Tried deleting the email app but cannot as its not displayed. I have also tried adding an account but because I'm using the same email setting which isn't permitted.

I would welcome and appreciate any help to resolve this. So, any suggestions will be greatly appeciated

TIA - Steve

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Default Email client fails

Honestly I'm a bit confused by your post but I'm getting that the root of it is your Email app closes when opened and it may not be displaying all of the email when it is open. Is that a fair assessment? My guess is that during the update something didn't take with your email app, being default they cannot be uninstalled, however the updates to them can be uninstalled. I would try uninstalling the updates to the email app and then I would do two things; first I would check to see if it works simply by uninstalling the updates, then I would install the updates again to see if it was just a glitchy install. Other things you could do would be to clear the cache for the app under your app manager then checking if it worked and lastly clearing the data for the app under your app manager. I would do the data last because usually clearing data will require you to enter your information again, i.e. email address and password. If none of this pans out post back with more information about which default email app you are using.