How can I recover backed up data from my LG-G2 and put it onto my Samsung S5mini?

A

AC Question

Recovering LG-G2 backup data onto Samsung S5mini

i have a backup file from my LG-G2 (which is damaged beyond repair), & wish to access that backup data for setting up my Samsung S5 mini. How can i achieve this? My contacts are the main priority to recover, which was not backed up on Google.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recovering LG-G2 backup data onto Samsung S5mini

You said you had backups. In what format? If csv or vcf, go to Google Contacts and import the file. (This is why all your contacts should be Google contacts - "restoring" is as simple as putting your =Google account into the phone.)

As for the other stuff, it depends on how you backed it up. Apps backed up as .apk files can be run on any Android phone to install the app. Launcher backups will work on the same launcher in any phone.

If the backup data is on the phone that doesn't work, in internal storage - you can't access data on a phone that doesn't work, which is why any data not backed up to at least 2 independent destinations (backing up a phone to itself isn't backing up) is data you don't need.

mfcarrim

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Recovering LG-G2 backup data onto Samsung S5mini

Hi there, thanks for the feedback.
I have the backup file that was created on the LG-G2 (copied to my laptop).
It's a .lbf file (unix executable file).
I have managed to restore everything from Google, except contacts (which was not there).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm