Yes I know this has probably been asked already but as for right now all of the tips given, I can't do (Ex. buy new charger, buy new battery). I'm a teenager who's dad is probably not going to be happy when he finds out her phone won't work, though its not my fault, well at least I hope not. Every night I plug in my phone, but instead of turning it off to let it charge I have to keep it on because it's my alarmclock. I also have a charger that's pretty much done, you need to place it down right for it to actually charge. So I plugged it in last night, it says it was charging so I went to sleep, I wake up to find that its dead. Thinking that it was the charger I go to find another one, which doesn't work. I've tried 3 chargers and a few different methods that are supposed to fix the problem (Taking out the battery for a few minutes, trying to lift up the tab inside the port).This has happened before but now those methods didn't work. So now what?
    10-04-2014 09:40 AM
    If moving the cord at the charger end is where you have to place it "just right", it's the charger or the cord. But you said you tried different chargers. I assume you tried different cords. (If not, don't waste money on any special cords - a $2 will work just as well as a $20 cord.)

If it's the phone end of the cord you have to place just right, the microUSB connector in the phone isn't making contact and has to be resoldered or replaced - different shops will be cheaper for one way or the other, and either way (if they resolder it and know what they're doing - soldering a microUSB connector isn't for amateurs) will be just as good.

The 3rd possibility, which is much less likely, is that the connector (in the phone) is broken. It would have to be replaced. (Again, a new one could be soldered into the existing board, or the board could be replaced. The labor for removing the old connector and soldering in a new one would eat up the difference in price between a connector [about $1] and a board [$15].) Add labor for opening the phone, closing it up and testing it.
    10-04-2014 09:49 AM
    Thanks for the advice, its the person who asked the question here, to reply I had to make an account... Anyway, thanks for the help but I was maybe looking for a quick fix? Something that'll work for now until I can get more money to fix the phone without my dad having to know.
    10-04-2014 09:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

Since other chargers don't seem to work, it is probably the port in the device. Sometimes this happens, you get one that goes bad early. Sooner or later, you are going to have to tell your dad.

I think if you tell him that you have shown some responsibility, like going to a forum to ask for advice, tried other chargers and they don't seem to work, that might help him not be so mad.
    10-04-2014 10:01 AM
    So I guess I should face the music then... Thanks so much for the advice you two, it means a lot. I'll tell him once he gets home then.
    10-04-2014 10:06 AM
    So I guess I should face the music then... Thanks so much for the advice you two, it means a lot. I'll tell him once he gets home then.

Good luck. If it means anything, this is not the first I have heard of this issue with ports in any device.
    10-04-2014 10:56 AM