My google play services is not working what I can do
    09-23-2015 01:41 PM
    hi, my google play services has crashed, and i cant find google play services in app section, google play store is there, but when ever i open it , it flashes and close, all of my play store apps has disappeared , please help..i am using note 3
    09-30-2015 11:39 AM
    I have hct desire 620g. My phone is rooted. By mistake I deleted google play service. Then I install google play service by downloading apk file. Then I got my google play service has stopped. By this I could not log in google account via unable to log in play store.
    10-06-2015 05:57 AM
    hi, my google play services has crashed, and i cant find google play services in app section, google play store is there, but when ever i open it , it flashes and close, all of my play store apps has disappeared , please help..i am using note 3
    Remove your Google account, then restart your phone. Sign into your Google account on a different device...such as your laptop...and make sure there are no security problems. You may even try changing your account password. Then, add your Google account back to your phone.
    10-11-2015 03:08 PM
    The message was popping up every second for me (I would push either "report" or "ok" and then it would pop up almost immediately again). I fixed it by trying the following and the last one finally seemed to fix it:

1) forcing stop on all google play service apps
    2) apps > google play services > "Clear Cache"

Also, if you haven't done so already. Make sure to modify your google play services permissions to whatever you think is comfortable. Good luck fixing your pop-ups!!
    10-17-2015 06:44 AM
    disabling google play services worked for me. I disabled everything google that I didn't want, like hangouts, google games, google books, google movies, ect. I'm pretty sure it was just the google play services app, but there was a few with a similar name, I disabled them all, resetting the phone wasn't necessary for me. Wish I would of known this earlier, did a factory reset a few months ago when it did this the first time of having the error message 100 times a minute.

THANK YOU!!!
    10-24-2015 01:04 PM
    I have htc desire 826. I am trying for the above mention solution but everything such as uninstall updates, cache, clear data are not even responding in the app option...
    10-26-2015 10:24 PM
    One reason why Play services may crash is missing app permissions. This is probably mostly present in custom roms. My ASOP had blocked all request by Play services by default, but you can fix these in the settings -> apps -> Play services -> permissions.
    10-28-2015 11:53 AM
    My Google play services is problem
    11-01-2015 08:33 AM
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I have a m7 HTC One. It was working fine but I got an upgrade so I factory reset the m7 (to give it to my husband) and now I keep getting the " google play has stopped" coming up. I can't get passed the start up bit, it allows me to sign into Wi-Fi but won't go passed that. We have reset it again several times using power button and volume down but still the same. As I said there was nothing wrong with the phone before the factory reset.
    Has anyone had experience with this ? Thanks.
    11-02-2015 09:55 AM
    I can maybe help...go to Manage Apps, then to Google Play Store, then Clear Cache. That actually fixed the problem for me. I also done the same to Google Play Services, just in case. You may have to do it twice with GPStore, as I did. I truly hope this helps. Lmk if you will? Have a great evening! D. Kern

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2015 07:06 PM
    Oh and I forgot that I also went into Manage Apps and then Reset Defaults. So if the 1st suggestion doesn't work, try that too...I sure hope it works for u too, doing either/or, or both. Bc I'm not sure which one for sure made mine stop receiving that same message, but doing one or both made mine start working fine last night ; )

11-02-2015 07:10 PM
    Ok ty. Think I figured it out last night, but taking shots in the dark. Not sure which wrked to solve my problem outta 2 guesses I made, but its working now lol.

Joejane Toddwood likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:12 PM
    I was only seeing this on one game I played, but then it spread to all the games I play. I tried every solution I saw in this thread, including resetting my Google password, but nothing has worked. *_*

Update: I uninstalled ALL Google Play Service updates and it started working again.
    11-03-2015 04:21 PM
    I've had this on two phones now and it is maddening, I've tried all the advice and it sometimes stops it for a day or a week but it comes back at some point like a bad smell. Before somebody says "have you tried xyz" yes I have!!!

What I want to know is not how to fix it but why the issue raises a large annoying alert that you have to acknowledge effectively stopping you using the phone if you give a damn Google Play services has stopped or not. By all means send an alert - one, not unending, and better still supress multiple alarms and have a single item into notifications.

How can I get a message to Google to do something and get some acknowledgement that it will be fixed. It doesn't matter if a third party app or anything else is causing it, the alarming system sucks.

I'm on the verge of going Apple, I've had enough.
    jody85 likes this.
    11-05-2015 07:21 AM
    My device is S4 Mini Lollipop 5.1 ROM. But I see "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped." I deleted updates and force stop. And reboot. But I can't fix.
    11-15-2015 08:32 AM
    I have a Kyocera Hydro Vibe that is getting the same error. I am running Android 4.4.2. I called Google support and I was told to increase the Micro SD card size and that should resolve its issues. I did just that, I went from a 4GB to a 32GB. But the error is still occuring. I moved all apps that I could to the Micro SD card and even uninstalled others but still having issue.

How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem  on my Nexus 7 (2012)?-screenshot_2015-11-27-12-11-15.png
    11-30-2015 10:53 AM
    Same With A RCA Voyager II
    12-04-2015 11:18 AM
    How do I get my Google play service to work
    12-09-2015 05:34 PM
    Just uninstall Google play store that's all. It will be installed automatically. I have solved this.
    12-12-2015 12:00 PM
    I'm sorry, Jeyakeethan Geethan. One cannot simply uninstall Google Play Services since it is a built-in app. The options available going through application manager are to clear cache, manage space, and disable none of which actually work. I'm still looking for a solution myself and haven't found one yet. I'm on an LG tablet.
    12-21-2015 08:55 AM
    I am having the same problem. I have tried resetting the phone and everything but its still poping up just about every 3 seconds and nothing is helping it. IT has gotten so bad it will not even let me on my Instagram. I am thinking apple is better
    12-23-2015 12:43 AM
    This worked for me (Asus TF700T) and is reproducible. Switch off LOC and the nagging messages stop. Switch LOC back on and they restart. Switch off LOC and they stop. And so forth.

Thanks for this solution.

So now the question is how to use my tablet if these nagging messages come up every time the Location is switched on, i.e. the Location function has effectively been torpedoed. A partial (but unsatisfactory) solution is to change the Location mode. My device offers three location mode options:
    • High accuracy (uses GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine location)
    • Battery saving (uses Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine location)
    • Device only (uses GPS to determine location)

If I set the Location mode to "Device only" (the only mode my device can use because it is not equipped to connect with a mobile network) and switch Location to ON I don't get the nagging "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" messages.
    12-26-2015 02:39 AM

Hi,
    I had the same problem , i tried to use old backups and restored the phone but didn't help.
    So I tried to disable location services and then problem gone.
    I think the location services is working like a timer getting the current location every second or so and probably cause the popup saying "google pay..."
    For me disabling location services fixed the problem.
    Setting > Location > Off
    This worked for me (Asus TF700T) and is reproducible. Switch off LOC and the nagging messages stop. Switch LOC back on and they restart. Switch off LOC and they stop. And so forth.

Thanks for this solution.

So now the question is how to use my tablet if these nagging messages come up every time the Location is switched on, i.e. the Location function has effectively been torpedoed. A partial (but unsatisfactory) solution is to change the Location mode. My device offers three location mode options:
    - High accuracy (uses GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine location)
    - Battery saving (uses Wi-Fi and mobile networks to determine location)
    - Device only (uses GPS to determine location)

If I set the Location mode to "Device only" (the only mode my device can use because it is not equipped to connect with a mobile network) and switch Location to ON I don't get the nagging "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" messages.

UPDATE: I'm one step further thanks to the posting of ZubairAnwarKhan (posting #73 in this thread). He wrote:

Tip 2: Reset app preferences:
    For this re-open: Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Application Manager --> tab "All"
    Now tap at the top right on "More" and then in the small menu on the "Reset app preferences". Finished!

When I did that I was able to change the Location mode back to High Accuracy without provoking the nagging "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" messages.
    12-26-2015 03:09 AM
    Tip 2: Reset app preferences:

For this re-open: Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Application Manager --> tab "All"
    Now tapat the top right on "More" and then in the small menu on the "Reset app preferences". Finished!

Now restart your Android smartphone so that the changes take effect.
    This helped solve my problem and stop the nagging messages (see my posting #114 on this thread).

Thanks very much indeed !
    12-26-2015 08:57 AM
114 ... 2345