How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem on my Nexus 7 (2012)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

How to Fix "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem" - Nexus 7 (2012)

Hello,

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (unrooted, running stock android). Until about a week ago everything was fine, but then errors started popping up. In particular I would be told that some app had stopped working and also receive other error messages saying that "unfortunately google play services has stopped"; this latter error began popping up more and more. After some googling I found that this was a somewhat common problem (or common enough to have multiple threads for different devices here and elsewhere online) and some potential means for resolving them. Unfortunately, nothing I tried succeeded in stopping this problem (i.e. rebooting the device; rebooting the device and clearing the cache via system recovery; clearing the cache and data from google play). I finally did a factory reset on the device. When it finished and I started the device up again and was prompted to sign into my account I was immediately hit with warnings that Google Drive, Email, and Gmail services had stopped. I sign in and I start getting the google service error again. Google Chrome also fails to work at all now (prior to the reset it would work, now it starts up and almost immediately shuts down; gmail also does not work, although google maps does).

I have also tried shutting off Google Sync on my account (since the reset) as another thread suggested that might be the problem, but shutting it off does not help ...although something does appear to be wrong with sync - when I go to my google account it says "sync error" under my account name and the message "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" is provided at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on the account I see all the services that are supposed to sync; currently they are all checked and everything appears to be synced, i.e. they all say 'last synced' with a period of a few minutes ago, with the sole exception of "people details" where there is an error symbol. Unchecking people details does not resolve the issue. that google sync may nevertheless be at issue is also suggested by a threat on justanswer that I found on this problem where someone with the same error posted about it someone suggests that it is likely a google server issue with the solution being to get google to shift the account to a new server. (this may be particularly relevant since I did recently move overseas, although this problem only emerged several weeks after that)...but I do not know how to check that or resolve such an issue if it were the problem.

I also an android based phone , but the problem has not really shown up there (although I did notice the same google service error the other day, it appears to have been an isolated issue).

Does anybody have any insight into how this issue can be resolved?

Jennifer Courcenet

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the same error messages and I just got my new Droid 4 in the mail today as a replacement for my old broken droid 4. I went to the Verizon store and had them turn it on and set it up for me so it baffles me as to why I would be receiving these errors. I'm taking it back to the Verizon store tomorrow. Hopefully they can help...

Anisha Nagpal

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Got android 5 updated last night on my nexus 4. Phone is too much disturbed. Not able to use most of the downloaded apps. Google play service error is popping 100 times in a minute. Any solution?
Kindly help.

Frank Fenn

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

what solved this for me (on my Nexus 5) was getting the App Info from the "Google Play" app, select force stop and then uninstall update. After a device reboot these notifications were gone (at least for now)

Frank

Ujjwal V

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same trouble on my nexus 4. First I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play store and then uninstalled the updates for Google play services. Now everything seems fine.

To uninstall the updates, go to apps->Google Play Store?Google play services-> Uninstall updates

JuanCIrizar

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem and It does not stop with any fix that I found on the Web. As soon as I get an android device and enter my account the message Google Play Services has stopped working starts popping, it doesn't matter is the device is new and I haven't install any apps beside the ones that come with the system. I will appreciate any help.

JuanCIrizar

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me it's an api screw up you need to update the play services itself and try the new play store see if that fixes it? Side load if you must

Thanks for your fast answer, but I already tried the last version of Play Store and Play Services. No luck.

Screenshot_2014-12-05-15-58-33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Fix "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem" - Nexus 7 (2012)

Thanks for your fast answer, but I already tried the last version of Play Store and Play Services. No luck.

View attachment 152563
OK is this after the lollipop update for older nexus devices?? There's a 5.0.1 supposed to be for the nexus 4 5 7 10 to be a maintenance patch

Niel Coetzee

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Asus Zenfone. I went into the app settings, forced closure of all Google and Google play services and cleared the data and cache for them. When I was done I rebooted the phone and so far everything is running well.

rjbuda

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I had similar problems after changing my google password on my S4. I followed these steps and it worked for me too:

First I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play store and then uninstalled the updates for Google play services. Now everything seems fine.
To uninstall the updates, go to apps->Google Play Store?Google play services-> Uninstall updates

I did have to reinstall the updates but everything worked after that.

Thanks

Arafat Hossin

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends! I'm New Here.Friends I am Also Having The Same Problems On My Samsung Galaxy S5.I Have rooted, Factory Reseted, Rebooted My Device But The Google Play Services Won't work.At last I System Updated My Device With Android 5.0. Few Then The Google Play Services Started Working! So Friends The Perfect Solution is System Updating Your Phone.But If The Solution Don't Work.Please Wait Some Months.Because The Google Team Is Working About This Problem.
Friends If the Solution Works Please See My FB Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2