How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem on my Nexus 7 (2012)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

How to Fix "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped Problem" - Nexus 7 (2012)

Hello,

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (unrooted, running stock android). Until about a week ago everything was fine, but then errors started popping up. In particular I would be told that some app had stopped working and also receive other error messages saying that "unfortunately google play services has stopped"; this latter error began popping up more and more. After some googling I found that this was a somewhat common problem (or common enough to have multiple threads for different devices here and elsewhere online) and some potential means for resolving them. Unfortunately, nothing I tried succeeded in stopping this problem (i.e. rebooting the device; rebooting the device and clearing the cache via system recovery; clearing the cache and data from google play). I finally did a factory reset on the device. When it finished and I started the device up again and was prompted to sign into my account I was immediately hit with warnings that Google Drive, Email, and Gmail services had stopped. I sign in and I start getting the google service error again. Google Chrome also fails to work at all now (prior to the reset it would work, now it starts up and almost immediately shuts down; gmail also does not work, although google maps does).

I have also tried shutting off Google Sync on my account (since the reset) as another thread suggested that might be the problem, but shutting it off does not help ...although something does appear to be wrong with sync - when I go to my google account it says "sync error" under my account name and the message "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" is provided at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on the account I see all the services that are supposed to sync; currently they are all checked and everything appears to be synced, i.e. they all say 'last synced' with a period of a few minutes ago, with the sole exception of "people details" where there is an error symbol. Unchecking people details does not resolve the issue. that google sync may nevertheless be at issue is also suggested by a threat on justanswer that I found on this problem where someone with the same error posted about it someone suggests that it is likely a google server issue with the solution being to get google to shift the account to a new server. (this may be particularly relevant since I did recently move overseas, although this problem only emerged several weeks after that)...but I do not know how to check that or resolve such an issue if it were the problem.

I also an android based phone , but the problem has not really shown up there (although I did notice the same google service error the other day, it appears to have been an isolated issue).

Does anybody have any insight into how this issue can be resolved?

Hossein Kaabi

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same problem , i tried to use old backups and restored the phone but didn't help.
So I tried to disable location services and then problem gone.
I think the location services is working like a timer getting the current location every second or so and probably cause the popup saying "google pay..."
For me disabling location services fixed the problem.
Setting > Location > Off

tortia303

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the same trouble on my nexus 4. First I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play store and then uninstalled the updates for Google play services. Now everything seems fine.

To uninstall the updates, go to apps->Google Play Store?Google play services-> Uninstall updates

Hello!! I know I don't have the same phone but I figure they are all android no?
I have a LG G3 and it keeps popping up that same stupid error.
I uninstalled the update and it still happens. :( any help?

Dreaamz

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
This is an issue with latest play services on nexus 4. Version 7.0.99 works.
Will have to wait for update release from Google.

If device administrator cannot be removed for android device (which might not in unrooted phones) to reset play service to factory version , have to do factory reset and disable auto update in play store. Also remove notification for play services.

HarpunitSingh

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Yep.. Most likely the problem is with the latest play service update.
The problem came up just recently a week or two back.
For now, i keep my location service off to prevent those annoying popups from coming.

Steph and D Love

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Here is how i solved it on my htc one m8:

First i uninstalled the play store updates.
That didnt work.
So then i went into the options for google play services, clicked manage data then scrolled to the bottom and clicked clear all data.

Unfortunately, this phone didnt allow me to clear cache or force stop or disable google play services.

Its been 5 minutes and no dumb error message so far. I even opened the play store amd everything was back to usual.

masshuu

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This did the trick for me so far, so easy.

"11-28-2014, 11:36 PM #10 Ujjwal V - I had the same trouble on my nexus 4. First I uninstalled the updates for the Google Play store and then uninstalled the updates for Google play services. Now everything seems fine.

To uninstall the updates, go to apps->Google Play Store?Google play services-> Uninstall updates "

Broken-Heart88

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem and it was resolved by taking a backup of the apk of Google Play Services app using ES File Explorer and downloading the apk file for Google Playstore app using my PC. I then installed both apps over the existing versions and the issue was resolved

Chip x

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-08-19-03-30-17.png

Hi, my google play service not working.
i was tried like :
1, reinstall --> fail
2, format system --> fail
3, clear cache, reinstall --> fail
4, insert "google-play-services_lib" library into project --> fail (worked in another device)

that error from i bought tablet (apls-magnus10A)
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.