Will the HTC One M8 Work with Google Cardboard ?

A

AC Question

Hi,

Will the HTC One M8 work with Google cardboard ?

Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything much about this, but that site doesn't specify if it's the M7, M8, or both. It says the magnetic switch is the incompatible reason, but the M8 uses a magnet for the Dot View case, so maybe there's a chance the M8 would work.

jkatz419

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the One M8 (verizon) running Android 5.0.1 and using a viewer I got from Google at GDC. The magnet slide does NOT work in almost every app... curiously it DOES work in the DebrisDefrag for Cardboard game. I've tried about a dozen other apps and none of them work with the magnet switch :'(

Purpur

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the One M8 (verizon) running Android 5.0.1 and using a viewer I got from Google at GDC. The magnet slide does NOT work in almost every app... curiously it DOES work in the DebrisDefrag for Cardboard game. I've tried about a dozen other apps and none of them work with the magnet switch :'(

Same with me. The magnet slider does work with Debris Defrag, but it doesn't work on other apps. Funny thing, this means the hardware is compatible with the magnetic slider, so why doesn't the software work. And can something in the code of Debris Defrag be used to make it work for other apps?

Like of the guys who made Debris Defrag made another app that only had one function: to make the magnetic slider for M8 compatible with other apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair