my internet connection is off while my wifi is on on my htc one m8

A

AC Question

i cant download nor access my internet while my WiFi is on

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Simply while it's on, or while you're in range of known WiFi connection? Simply having it on shouldn't affect your internet connection because basically you're using WiFi to connect to the outside world. If it isn't connecting while you're in range then I would say it's your connection and for that I would do something like restart the device, forget the connection and reestablish it, or cycle the power on your router to reset it. If you are not in range of a known system and network data doesn't kick in and you feel it is because your WiFi is on I would test it in a couple of ways to see if this is really true. With WiFi and data on, open a web page and try to surf or open an app that you know uses internet like maps if you don't get a data connection disable WiFi and see if you then get data. Did this work? With a known good data connection turn WiFi on, do you loose that connection? Restart the device, does the data connection return with WiFi on? If you fail at all three of these I would take the device to a service center for evaluation. They will likely want you to do a factory reset, I hate that this is always their first solution, but that would discount an app being the issue or some system configuration change that may have been caused by accident or by a rouge app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae