Every time I charge it, it either drops from 100% to something else when I unplug it, charges very slowly, or in one case, I left it overnight to charge and it still ran out of battery. Why?
    10-05-2014 09:47 AM
    Perhaps it's failing. Take a look at it and see whether it's distorted and bulging in shape, a sure sign of battery failure (and if it is, remove it from the phone). Even if normal in shape it may still be failing.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-05-2014 11:47 AM
    If you regularly discharge it as far as you can, it can be failing after a year - that's no way to treat a lithium battery. (Longest life comes from recharging at about the 50% point.)

As far as dropping right after charge, leave it on charge for about an hour after the phone says it's fully charged - it's not fully charged at the point the phone first says it is. Dropping to 99% or 98% if you unplug the charger the moment the charger says it's charged is normal.

Charging slowly depends on the charging rate. With the original charger and cable, it should be charging at about 1200mA. (Use Galaxy Charging Current Lite [free] to find out.)

Running out of battery from a full charge depenbds on what you're doing. Look at Settings/General/Battery to see what's using most of your battery. Tap on the graph to see how long your phone is Awake. If it's awake a lot, use Wakelock to find out why, and Greemify to sleep most of the apps you aren't actually using. (Don't sleep your pone, text or email apps.) Keep the screen as dark as you can be comfortable with. Keep your email sync as long as you're comfortable with (do you realy need to know if you have a new email every 5 minutes?) Turn off all the radios you're not using (Bluetooth, mobile data, wifi, etc.)
    10-05-2014 05:08 PM