Why is my Pro opening apps by itself?

A

AC Question

why is my pro opening apps by itself

my phone is acting crazy. it wont let me press anything and starts opening apps by itself. tried soft reset. tried hard reset. still doing the same. its like i have a ghost pressing the screen and the apps open. i have only had it for three months and its gone crazy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my pro opening apps by itself

Welcome to Android Central! Is this the Optimus G Pro? By hard reset, I assume you did a full factory reset, correct?

Try booting into Safe Mode. On most phones, press the Power button as if you're going to power the phone off. When the Power menu appears, press and hold Power Off until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap Ok, and the phone will reboot. In Safe Mode, all 3rd party apps are disabled, so if the problem goes away, then you know that something you installed is the culprit. A hard reset isn't quite the same thing, because when you set the phone back up again, many if not all of your previous apps will automatically reinstall from Google Play. If one of those apps is causing the instability, then you're back to square one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, that's not right. Something sounds faulty with the firmware or the hardware. You'll probably have to contact your wireless store or LG about a replacement. It should still be under warranty, assuming you got it brand new.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Malware doesn't usually install as a system app (because most malware writers don't know how to do that), so the malware wouldn't be running in safe mode. Not that there's anything wrong with running Malwarebytes - I run it regularly just to keep the phone (and my laptop - I have it on everything) clean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12