How do i transfer, or download apps to a micro sd card?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura phone, and recently bought a micro sd card to transfer some apps over to it. First Question is, can I transfer games over to a micro sd card, and if so, games that connect to Facebook? Second question is, how do I transfer apps to my micro sd card? I have searched online for answers, and only found one and it didn't work. There is an app you can download to transfer apps from your phone to a micro sd card, and I downloaded the best one I could find. When i went to transfer my apps it told me that the app wasn't compatible to transfer the apps to the micro sd card. I thought, "Gee, if it's not compatible to transfer my apps, then why the hell could i download it?" Please, help me. I would really like to free up memory on my phone, and would appreciate the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The ability to move apps to SD isn't available on all devices. If it can be done on your device, you'll see it in the App Manager, when you select an app. If you see a "Move to SD" button, then you can move a portion of that app to the SD card. But you can't move the whole app--a substantial portion has to remain behind in Internal Storage. Apps like App2SD usually require you to root the device.

It is a common misconception that the microSD card can be used to greatly expand the app storage space of an Android phone. It is therefore important to get a phone that has the most internal storage that you can afford, if installing many or large apps is important to you.

See tips here for clearing up more storage space: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87