Device: LG Realm (LS620

yesterday was searching the ye old internets to find ways to increase the volume of my phone (mainly with headphones) and found a video about using ES File Manager to edit mixer_paths.xml (Device/System/Etc/Mixer_paths.xml) and the lines i edited were
    <ctl name="HPHL Volume" Value="9" />
    and
    <ctl name="HPHR Volume" Value="9" />
    when i tried changing the both values from 9 to 15 it would let me put one character for every character i deleted so i removed a space from behind the "<" in "<ctl", (which was a bad move obviously) and i saved it, rebooted it and noticed my phone was lagging like hell and when i tried doing anything that required sound, sound wouldn't play and it would freeze up, i also tried with headphones.
    so i tried editing the file back to normal and all i did was change 3 characters so it wasn't hard to remember what i did, so i put it back to normal, saved it, and rebooted my device and it did the same thing so i said **** it and factory reset my phone
    it wasn't lagging anymore but my sound isn't working at all now.
    i have no idea what to do, and there aren't any custom/stock ROMs for my phone on the internets
    HALHP
    10-06-2014 08:36 AM