Why did my android tablet shutdown?

A

AC Question

I updated my samsung tab 2 three days ago, it went through the process, and it then needed charging for taking so long to download the update. The next day I turned it on and played a game for 5 minutes and it instantly shutdown. I charged it, tried to turn it back on. Now it will only display the symbol for loading charge while charging but not give the symbol for charging or turn on no matter what I do. There is no fault to charge connection.

What can I do?

jphlips1794

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Reset your tablet, find detailed instructions online for a factory reset. And I'll give you a hint... Don't update such an old device to new software, it'll usually just ruin the whole thing.
The factory reset should get rid of all updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I updated my samsung tab 2 three days ago, it went through the process, and it then needed charging for taking so long to download the update. The next day I turned it on and played a game for 5 minutes and it instantly shutdown. I charged it, tried to turn it back on. Now it will only display the symbol for loading charge while charging but not give the symbol for charging or turn on no matter what I do. There is no fault to charge connection.

What can I do?
Follow the instructions here to get into Recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-use-your-custom-recovery.html#post3933325

Once there, factory reset and reboot. Let us know how it goes.

Note: The above referenced link is for custom Recoveries. Though, it's the same process and very similar.