I recently changed from a Huawei to a fine working Samsung Galaxy S3. First of all; after rebooting it (my father used it the last two years) the play store ist gone... Second thing is, if I open the play store in the browser, I can't download any apps, because it tells me it's already installed (on my old Huawei). I get an optionbox where I can choose for which phone I want to download it, but the Samsung is nowhere to be found, the only option given is the Huawei.
    Now I also downloaded the play store and installed it, but when ever I try to open it it shuts down in the very next second. Only option I see is to download it from the play store through the browser, but how can I change that it will download on the samsung and not the huawei? I'm like freaking out here, being mad and **** at this bull****, I mean seriously, how is that even possible? How about a small FAQ for such things? Or am I just to stupid to acctually find it? Please help, I'm lost, I'm freaking out and I feel like crying because my nerves are like beyonde 0
    10-06-2014 11:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The only ways Google Play Store can be gone from an S3 are (1) the phone is rooted and someone deleted the Play Store, (2) the phone was originally intended for a non-US market where Google Play Store is not available, or (3) the phone is old enough that it came with the original version of the Play Store, called "Android Market." Could any of these be the case?

How did you download the Play Store? Did you download the apk file and install it? Go to your App Manager, and select Google Play Store. Do you see an "Uninstall" button, or an "Uninstall Updates" button?
    10-06-2014 12:02 PM
    So, had to registrate to answer.
    The phone is like two years old, I got it in december 2012, and my father used it till now without any problems at all, just after rebooting the phone nothing works anymore, all the google play services are gone, not even the manager to registrate my phone is left.

I downloaded it via androidpolice, istalled and it keeps shutting down when I want to open it. I can uninstall the app again, what I did several times, downloaded it on other sites, but it changes nothing.
    10-06-2014 01:02 PM
    Did you reboot it or do a full factory reset?

Regardless of what you did, try doing another factory reset. Then after you get through the Setup Wizard again, go to the App Drawer, and look for either Play Store or Android Market.
    10-06-2014 01:19 PM
    You keep saying "reboot", but every time you turn the phone on you're rebooting it, so I don't think that's what you mean. (Booting just means loading the operating system from storage to RAM. Rebooting means doing it again, whether you keep the phone running [restarting] or shut the phone off, then turn it on again.)

If you downloaded something, it's probably a ROM, so you reflashed the ROM. And it's probably a bad ROM (one missing things or one not made for that model S3). Go to SamMobile Firmwares and find the stock ROM for that model S3, for your carrier, and flash it.

Next time, make sure that others are using that ROM on your model S3 on your carrier with no problems before thinking of downloading it. Not every ROM works on every phone, each ROM is specific, not only to the phone model, but to the carrier and country in many cases.
    10-06-2014 02:49 PM