Is it too late to get the Nexus 5?

A

AC Question

The current phone i have right now is the Samsung Galaxy ace ii x and i wanted to upgrade to a better phone. I originally thought about waiting for the nexus 6 to come out, but after the many rumours of the nexus 6 getting that huge 5.9 inch display i started having my doubts. I personally feel like 5.9 inch display would be just way too big for me. So the next best thing i thought would be for me to get the nexus 5. Its relatively cheap, and from what i have read from several reviews it does very well when it comes to performance as well. Any thoughts and opinions on what i should do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
All I will say is that I own a Nexus 5 and when you take everything into consideration....price, specs, screen quality, camera quality, swift and responsive performance, first-in-line updates to the latest Android OS, overall quality and reliability....you can hardly do better, and I think that that will remain true for a long time.

Posted via Android Central App

JanTheMan4123

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The only major thing that i worry about is the age of the phone. Since its already a year old, will it continue to get future updates at the same speeds as it has always been?

I'm in the same predicament too haha

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're referring to human updates, I don't think that even Google can manage that yet. Perhaps in the future...
But regarding the phone, I'm sure that it will be updated to L. On the other hand I'm not really worried, because it's a mighty fine device as it is.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I neglected to say, Welcome as a new member.☺
Bear in mind B. Diddy's caveat about the battery life, and take a look in the Google Branded Devices/Nexus 5 forums for more opinions about the device.

Last edited:

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
In case you haven't already bought a phone, would you consider buying used? I had a company provided galaxy ace as my intro to android from iPhone, and I bought a good condition s4 for $250 in May. I don't have to worry about it going obsolete while I'm still paying for it, and by the time I kill it, the s5 and the m8 will be reasonably priced used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma