My Galaxy S5 apps stop working and phone reboots by itself, why?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 apps stop and phone reboots by itself

Galaxy S5 purchased new 4 months ago suddenly started killing apps and rebooting at random last week. no new apps recently. use the phone mainly for calling, text, and calendar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 apps stop and phone reboots by itself

Welcome to Android Central! Two things to try:

1. If you have an SD card inserted, unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various problems. Insert the card into your PC and run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

2. Boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

Shamarie Williams

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!
I've sent my phone back to the carrier and they've sent another one and I was having the same problems. I reprogrammed it so many times and wiped away all my stuff. At first when I got the new phone I wasn't having problems then a couple hours later it started up again. Recently I realized that at first its because I didn't insert my memory/SD card in when I just got it and then I did after. Try that because it worked for me. I took my battery out and my SD card and didnt put the SD card back in and my phone has been giving no problems ever since. TRY IT

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone under warranty + problem that can't be solved in 5 minutes always = have phone replaced. That's why you pay for a warranty (included in the price of the phone - they know about how many phones are going to be sold as scrap).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney