Why is my Verizon Stock Galaxy S5 4.4.4 update failing?

A

AC Question

Verizon Stock Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Failing

Whenever I try to install the 4.4.4 update, my S5 will enter reprogramming "Installing system update...", churn for couple minutes, status goes up to ~20%, displays "Error," restart and give an update failed message: "Software update unsuccessful....Sorry there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SM-G900V. No changes were made." Update history says NE9 to NI2 failed, 402...

I've tried wiping cache partition. No difference. Trying to avoid a factory reset, but I've also read a little that that doesn't seem to make a difference. Stock phone. Any other suggestions on the culprit?

neaves

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Stock Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Failing

I'm having the same issue. I have rooted my phone but haven't flashed a custom ROM yet. I'm sure this is the reason but haven't found a way to get around it. So....I'm looking for answers as well!

GrantGChandler

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Stock Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Failing

OP here....I downloaded the Verizon update assistant on my desktop and it still failed. I had to use the Verizon repair assistant, which worked. It wiped my phone, so I have to deal with that, but I'm now able to upgrade to 4.4.4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12