I'm trying to set up my Moto 360 but I keep getting an error "Make sure that your phone has an Internet connection". When I swipe to the right I get a big green refresh button.

I tried everything that was recommended on the google support page (updated apps, restarted devices, etc.) but the problem persists.

I'm using a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4.

I do have a theory on why I might be having this problem.. I ordered the watch from the US and I'm currently in the UK. Would having a UK IP address be a problem? Also, the way I have internet set up on my phone is through a hotspoted University network connection. The internet on my phone works great though!

Also, I do have my Moto 360 fully charged, I've herd of similar problems if the battery gets too low.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks in advance!
    10-08-2014 06:45 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Perhaps you can also post this question on our sister site, Connectedly? Ask a Question - Connectedly Forum
    That's a bit device-specific for AAQ, so if you don't get an answer here, you may care to join as a member and repost in Wearable Android Tech/Android Wear/Moto 360, where they'll probably be able to advise.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 08:41 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Perhaps you can also post this question on our sister site, Connectedly? Ask a Question - Connectedly Forum
    10-08-2014 08:49 AM
    You need to download Android Wear app from Google Play store. Search "Android Wear". Also you need to download Moto Connect app. Once you download both apps, you should be able to connect your watch to the internet. Remember, your watch itself doesn't connect to internet, it doesn't use wifi, it uses bluetooth and is tethered to your phone.

Hope this helps!
    10-17-2014 04:14 PM