can i reset back to factory settings without soft keys working and if i can will the reset make soft keys work
    10-08-2014 07:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Before you do a factory reset, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

10-08-2014 04:14 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem with my old Samsung Mesmerize as well. The problem that was overlooked in the previous response is that the soft keys do not work! I can use the volume to cursor up and down the list, but I can not select anything. I am absolutely, positevely stuck in the Android system recovery <3e> menu and I can not go or do anything!! Does anyone have a solution to this conundrum?? Thanks!
    10-10-2014 09:43 PM
    I can use the volume to cursor up and down the list, but I can not select anything.
    Select is done with the power button.
    10-10-2014 10:58 PM
    I have tried using the power button to make my selection as well, but that does not work on my unit. In B. Diddy's video above, you can clearly see that he uses the soft key "home" button to make his selection. When he hits the home button, another sub-menu of choices comes up for him to make further choices. I'm stuck on the main recovery menu, and I can go no where, because my soft keys do not work!! I need a way to select the factor reset. (I'm hoping that that will restore my soft keys--which were working before my unit went nuts and got stuck in this recovery mode!!
    10-11-2014 02:11 AM
    That is pretty weird--every other device uses the Power button, which seems to be a safer bet than the capacitative keys. If those keys have failed, then you might be stuck ...
    10-11-2014 11:49 AM