the slider is working but can't use the buttons
    10-08-2014 09:02 AM
    If you just bought it, bring it back and ask for one that works. Why it isn't working isn't something you should worry about. The dealer/carrier will just get a new one from HTC when they do their normal "I owe you, you owe me" accounting. You'll walk out of the store with a new phone the first time, unless they have to wait for a new shipment (a day or so). (If not, complain [nicely] a lot. Insist on speaking to the manager if it's a carrier store, or the owner if it's an independent cellphone store. You bought a new phone, and that legally assumes one that works correctly.)

But be nice - it could just be something you're doing wrong, and they'll show you how to do it right. Embarrassing if you storm in like a wild beast. "I seem to be having a problem with this phone I just bought yesterday" is a good way to start. Let's you say "how embarrassing" if it's your fault, and lets them say "oops, so sorry about that, let me get you a new phone and make sure it works before you leave" if it's theirs. No reason for anyone to lose face.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-08-2014 03:00 PM
    Thanks for your reply. The problem is I bought the phone through ebay from China, the seller is asking me to send him back phone without packaging or accessories by normal shipping without tracking. It doesn't sound right so I'm thinking to open a dispute through Paypal.
    10-11-2014 06:56 AM