Hello everybody.

I'm at wit's end. I've searched and searched but can't find a usable solution.

While walking to college and listening music my phone randomly decided to reboot. And has done that about 9001 times now. When I hold the volume button down I get in some sort of boot menu but I can't select an option because the bloody thing goes back to rebooting in 5 seconds.

I have drained the battery completely and when I started charging it again it just went on with rebooting. It's getting me frustrated as hell now.

Any help ? Thanks.

PS: Phone is not rooter
    10-08-2014 01:30 PM
    Unfortunately the battery is not easily removable so try Powering Off the device for an hour or even overnight.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 01:39 PM
    Hello everybody.

I'm at wit's end. I've searched and searched but can't find a usable solution.

While walking to college and listening music my phone randomly decided to reboot. And has done that about 9001 times now. When I hold the volume button down I get in some sort of boot menu but I can't select an option because the bloody thing goes back to rebooting in 5 seconds.

I have drained the battery completely and when I started charging it again it just went on with rebooting. It's getting me frustrated as hell now.

Any help ? Thanks.

PS: Phone is not rooter
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central! Can you access bootloader mode?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL
    10-08-2014 01:39 PM
    Thanks for your swift response.

Yes, but only for a few short seconds. After 5 seconds it just begins rebooting again..
    10-08-2014 01:42 PM
    Duff SD card? Duff SIM card?

...And welcome as a new member.☺

10-08-2014 01:45 PM
    Thanks . There's no SD card slot in my phone and I already removed the sim card, but the problem persists. I don't think that's the problem =(
    belodion likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:48 PM
    I wonder whether the battery is failing. You've probably researched how to remove it, if only in order to stop the rebooting, but in case you haven't, here's this:
    http://www.formymobile.co.uk/htconex...p#.VDWIJTNwZDs

10-08-2014 01:59 PM
    I don't suggest doing repairs on your own unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing. Have you tried booting into safe mode (hold power + vol up)?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL
    10-08-2014 02:55 PM
    Wizzrah, thanks again for your reply. I tried it, no response . This happened completely out of the blue - I never did anything to my sweet darling HTC..

Belodion: I'm not too sure if I dare to do that :/
    10-08-2014 03:25 PM
    (Both of you are quite right, best not to go inside the phone, damage easily done.

Wanting spare parts, I once disassembled some broken 35mm cameras of the type that say DO NOT DISASSEMBLE inside, and it's quite astonishing how powerful an electric shock you can get from them.😨)

10-08-2014 05:04 PM
    Thanks Belodion. I won't disassemble my phone . But nobody has any idea how to fix it? Or at least on how to get the data off? I'm desperate..
    10-09-2014 04:53 AM
    I wonder whether it may be caused by a faulty power button....somehow the button, or a part on which it presses inside the phone, has got stuck in the On position. I have heard of iPhone users having a similar problem, and of fixing it by running a tiny amount of alcohol around the button so that it gets inside, working the button repeatedly while using a Q-tip or piece of tissue to absorb the alcohol and draw it out. Of course this is a less-than-ideal way of doing it but may be worth considering if you don't care to open the phone and get at it that way. As a college person, you may be able to get some suitable alcohol if there is a scientific faculty.

If it is the power button that's the cause of the trouble, it may need replacing rather than cleaning.

10-09-2014 06:09 AM
    There have been cases where the HTC One X has had reboot problems due to faulty buttons. Maybe you should contact HTC to see what they have to say or if they are willing to check it out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-10-2014 03:58 PM