This is a fairly new problem. Emails come in ,but they won't download. I have to go to my computer or iPad to see the message.
    10-08-2014 02:11 PM
    This is a fairly new problem. Emails come in ,but they won't download. I have to go to my computer or iPad to see the message.
    Check your sync settings and make sure the email provider settings have not been changed (if you are using something other than Gmail).
    10-08-2014 02:15 PM
    By "come in" do you mean you see that you have an email, but you have no message in it? The headers (the Subject: header is the thing you see that tells you what the email is about) come into your phone by the same path as the body does. I've never heard of an email program receiving headers and not bodies, unless it was set to retrieve headers only (and I haven't seen an Android email app with that ability).

Are you sure you haven't set the app to show just the subject? Did you press where you see the email and see if it opens the email, including the body?

You could also try a different email app (you can run more than one at a time - I frequently do when the default app "updates" enough to bother me and I'm trying different ones) and see if it works properly. If it does, the email app you're using is corrupt - you can uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store (or use a different email app altogether).
    10-08-2014 04:51 PM