I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I had a 16GB SD in it when I bought it, but that SD just failed and stopped working. I took it out and set it aside.

Months later, I bought a new SD. In the meantime, I had taken a few hundred images with the Camera on my phone.

When I put the SD into my phone, the "Camera" folder in Gallery is now empty, except for a single image I took since putting in the SD.

Somewhere along the way there was a popup message which said "Camera images will now be saved to SD".

I figured that my old images might be just on the built in storage, but not be displayed by the Gallery App, but poking around with the browser, I could not find my old images anywhere on the built in memory. It appears that they were actually deleted.

Is this possible? This makes no sense, and I am really sad not to have those photos.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can recover those photos, or just where I might expect to find them?
    10-08-2014 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The image files should still be in the Internal Storage, unless the system totally glitched. Which folder did you explore? The Camera saves by default to the /DCIM/Camera/ folder.
    10-08-2014 04:40 PM