Why are the videos sent in a text message with my Galaxy S5 blurry?

A

AC Question

videos sent in text message with Galaxy S5 blurry

When i take a video with Samsung Galaxy S5 and send it in a message they are blurry. The video is clear in my gallery but not to the person I text message it to.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: videos sent in text message with Galaxy S5 blurry

Welcome to Android Central! If you're sending it as a standard MMS message using the stock Messaging app, the video will be severely reduced in file size to accommodate the filesize limit when sending videos. This means the video will be very low resolution. You can send full resolution videos by uploading them to Google+ first, then sharing them privately with the person you choose.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late response, but my original response was 2.5 years ago, after all.;)

I would modify my previous response by recommending uploading the video to your Google Photos, then sharing the link from there. This is essentially the same as the old Google+ solution, except that since then, Google split off Google Photos from G+.

As Nicholas Boyd mentioned, another option is to upload it to YouTube privately, and share the link with the recipient.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae