How can I prevent my Google Calendar app from crashing when I attempt to enter the General Settings?

A

AC Question

How can I fix Google Calendar app crashing when I attempt to enter "general settings"?

Phone: ZTE Warp Sync

Carrier: Boost Mobile

So I just got this new phone and installed the Google Calendar app (my preferred calendar app due to available options/functionality). When I attempted to view/possibly tweak some settings withing the app it crashed (and continues to do so).

What generally happens:
1) I open app
2) I press menu button on bottom of phone
3) Click on "Settings"
4) Click on "General settings"
--> App crashes saying, "Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped."

What can be causing this issue on a brand new phone? How can I go about fixing it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I fix Google Calendar app crashing when I attempt to enter "general settings"?

Try uninstalling, wiping the Cache Partition and the app Cached Data, and reinstalling.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is your Sync Calendar setting on or off in your Google account settings? If set to On, is it syncing okay?

(...And welcome as a new member.)

Posted via Android Central App

davidnel

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem in my Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. As soon as I installed the app in the new phone, it crashed at the end of the intro and also when I tried to create a new event.
I read many forums and all suggested to clear the cache, reinstall the app (none of them worked) or even restore the phone to factory settings, which I thought it was a way very drastic alternative to make a single app work.

So here was my solution...
For some reason I had deactivated the Calendar Storage and Google Calendar Sync apps.
I activated them again and vola! Google Calendar app works fine now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac