How do I get the word DEMO off the screen of my Android Tablet?

A

AC Question

how do i get the word DEMO off the screen of my 6 day old android tablet ???

the word DEMO appeared on the screen of my new 7 inch tagital android tablet !!! i turned it off and plugged in in because it was dying !!! and when i turned it back on the word "DEMO" on bright red letters was on my screen !!! i don't no what to do !!! and don't tell me to do a factory reset because i already did that !!! and it didn't work !!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i get the word DEMO off the screen of my 6 day old android tablet ???

Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact brand and model of device? Did you buy it brand new from a store, or used from someone else, or perhaps as a floor model? Some devices might have a demo mode--go to the system settings and look through them to see if there is an option for demo mode. Also, go to Settings>Apps>All, and see if there is an app called "Demo." If there is, tap it and tap Disable, if possible.

If the unit was a floor model, it may be that it had a special demo ROM installed. If that's the case, the only way to get rid of it is to root the device and flash another ROM. You'd have to do a Google search for your exact brand/model of tablet and the term "root" as well as "ROM." If it isn't a common device, you will probably have difficulty finding links for either.

Cassie Cordova

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Giant red letters that say DEMO on the screen of my tagital tablet 9inch

I recently purchased a Tagital Tablet 9inch for my autistic daughter last month. After a week of having it and using it, working perfectly fine, bright red letters appeared on the screen that say DEMO. I've tried a completely factory reset, which removed everything she downloaded, which sent her into a tantrum and meltdown, and it still didn't work. Went into the settings, found in the display there were DEMO options, yet you cannot select these at all. Tried hard reset. NOTHING WORKS. I am getting so unbelievably irritated. There has got to be someone out there that has had the same damn problem. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Giant red letters that say DEMO on the screen of my tagital tablet 9inch

Sorry to hear of your problems have you contacted their customer service call them up and demand don't hold back only then will you get what you deserve; the answers! Sometimes tech does this but its not your fault. Maybe visit the shop and complain and ask for a replacement should push come to shove.

Posted via the Android Central App

hitchens1934

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Giant red letters that say DEMO on the screen of my tagital tablet 9inch

You need to try to upgrade the FIRMWARE. You might have to contact the manufacturer for the means to do this. IT SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do i get the word DEMO off the screen of my 6 day old android tablet ???

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

It looks a nice unit on paper, with Android KitKat 4.4.

I had a look at their site and the poor customer service reviews on Amazon. There is a downloadable manual on their site but with little info.

If the suggestions by B. Diddy above don't work, you should take it up with Amazon. People have been complaining about this, installed adverts, open packaging, and no response from the manufacturer. Amazon should normally be good.
If it was a present, I know that makes it more awkward.

You may get more responses yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac