How do I install a new OS on the Samsung Waveii?

A

AC Question

how to change os

samsung waveii coming woth bada os. but iam not satisfy with this. iam upgrade with andriod os. how to remove old os & new os install

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to change os

The chance that you can is almost nil. I'm not familiar enough with the architecture of the Wave line to know whether any Android ROM could be modified to run on it (supposedly it can run Linux, which would be a prerequisite, but there are no known Bada phones running Linux), but you'd need a ROM developer to develop or modify a ROM to run on the phone (which would mean that he'd have to have one - you can't write successful software for hardware you've never even seen). The phone is 4 years old, has 2GB of storage, most of which is probably used by the OS (you couldn't put anything newer than about Gingerbread on it), so it would hardly pay for someone to put a few months into developing a ROM for it.

How you do it is simple, though - if Odin sees the phone. Just connect the phone to the computer, load the Android files into Odin and burn them to the phone. The problem is that you're more likely to be hit by falling space debris while in a coal mine than you are to find Android files that will work on that phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18