I tried using my s5 to take some pictures in the pool "it says water resistant" , and while doing this it stopped working . I opened it dried it and found the white water indicator turning red !! It was completely not working . I put the phone in rice for 2 days now it works perfect but wont charge and says " charging paused battery temperature too low /high
    What can I do now ?
    10-11-2014 07:07 AM
    This could be a wide range of things, but it sucks that a water resistant device would leak. That being said you maybe able to claim a defect and get an exchange. However to your question I ask is it really getting hot or does it just think that it's hot? If it really is getting hot then it could be any number of things including, battery damage, a short circuit form minerals where the water evaporated, corrosion causing poor contact somewhere and creating an intermittent condition. How do you solve these conditions? You might try changing the battery out, or attempting to spray electronics cleaner into any place you can and see if things improve. If it only thinks it's getting hot that could indicate a real problem with the internal temp sensor. Again this would be something I might seek a replacement for as the device was not as water resistant as it was in its claim.
    10-11-2014 08:27 AM
    OP, it seems like there may have been water damage as a result. Let it sit, with the battery removed, for a day or so. Put the battery back in and charge it without turning it on for a few hours. Then try booting.

If it doesn't boot, you can try another battery, and if it continues, then it needs to be replaced.
    10-11-2014 10:08 AM
    I have the exact same problem... I put my phone in the pool to get some pictures and now i cant charge it because of false messages saying:" battery temperature too low/high. Charging is paused. "Samsung galaxy S5. Do you have any updates? I am very concerned about my phone. Did the battery replacement work?
    07-18-2015 04:53 AM