Hey i have a galaxy s4 witch i have lent by my stepmother because my other samsung is so slow, a slow version of android.
    I was out in the rain, and i don't mean just rain, it was a heavy rain storm her in Norway and rained about 70-80mm yesterday. I did not pic up my phone, but left it in my pocket. I guess it might have been a little humid in the pocket but i did think about it. When i got home i made dinner and i forgot my phone in my jacket.
    I took it up later after dinner and used it until til was about 20% left and then i plugged the charger in. I heard the vibration, but i didn't really catch if it was charging or not. But later in the evening my phone suddently turned itself off and i saw that i was not charging at it should.

Each time i put the charger in, the sign for USB connection pops up at the top and the phone keeps on vibration each minute without no action. I tried drying it in a heatcloset (manly for clothes) for 2 hours with 30degrees celsius, but that didn't seem to help. It have charged for over an hour now while it is off, still vibrating and no typically signs off accually charging. So i turned it on, then it was 20% battery.

I have checked my charger and my battery up against some other family members phone, and it showed no sign of failure.
    So I though it might could be the Charging Hole, that something was broken inside of it. Do you guys have any tips of how to fix it, and what is wrong with the phone?
    10-11-2014 11:45 AM
    I'm going to make an educated (over 10 years of repairing cell phones) guess here.

The phone got wet. When you charged it, you caused a lot of internal damage. At best it needs a new motherboard. Whether it's worth the price of the repair to you or not is something you have to decide. You may be ble to buy a good used S4 for the price of the repair. (If the motherboard has to be replaced, you lose everything in internal storage, so repair or replace still means loss of data that's not backed up to some other device.)

In the future, if you're going to be out in that kind of rain, either put the phone into a pocket that won't get wet or put the phone into a waterproof plastic bag and make sure the bag closure is sealed. (You can still use the phone while it's in the bag - sound isn't affected much by the plastic, and the screen should still react well. That way, even if the rain is heavy enough to drown you, the phone will be safe. [I use two bags, facing in opposite directions, if I'm on a boat. Dropping the phone overboard, if there's enough air in the bag to keep it floating, is just a minor annoyance.])
    10-11-2014 05:03 PM
    Now my phone is charging, but only when it is off. And it keeps vibrating. And when i just turn my phone on it says that i have an USB connected.
    10-12-2014 08:18 AM
    Som Rukbat sier, er det trolig indre skader på telefonen. Hvis dette er sant, du har ingenting å tape ved å skylle den flere ganger i alkohol for å fjerne rester av vann og urenheter, og deretter tørking i varme forhold. Det vil trolig ikke hjelpe, men kan være verdt å prøve. Rukbat gjør faktisk anbefale denne typen ting i hans skrevet artikkelen, men det må gjøres på et tidlig stadium dersom det skal lykkes.
    [Goog.Tr ]
    http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124...-try-save.html

(Your English is of course excellent, but I enjoy using Google Translate.)

Posted via Android Central App
    10-12-2014 10:16 AM
    I was suprised when my phone suddently started charging again today, only an hour ago. So it is no working as it should.
    10-16-2014 11:07 AM