Download won't stop and I never asked for it help?

A

AC Question

My phone keeps trying to download the female for portuguese(Brazil) voice data for text to speech. I have tried to stop it multiple times but it just keeps coming back. Can anyone help?

davet99

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, stuck download which I never asked for, same message as you are getting.

MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 Android phone with Jellybean OS.

I've tried to find it in Settings / Apps where I do see a "Google Text-to-speech Engine" version 3.2.12.1369973.arm app listed. I'm tempted to remove the app entirely but nor sure. I also have an active button for "Force stop" and "Uninstall updates" on that app. And a "Clear data" button. I have not tried pushing any of these.

I'm a new smartphone user, so unsure of what to do.

Thank you.

davet99

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Belodian, I got rid of it and learned a couple of things: the "long press" on the stuck downloading screen first off. And I also changed my language in text to speech to English, not sure how it ever got to be Portuguese, but I was wondering why I could not understand my map directions to any place and didn't know how to change it. I've rebooted and the error seems gone. Thanks for the pointer to tips.

lookitsme77

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same problem in March 2018.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini [SCH-I435]

Problem:
When I try to open my browser (Chrome) it auto redirects to us.councilors425qd.top/.... and starts auto downloading "Female for Portuguese(..." [Voice data for text-to-speech] while throwing up multiple popups:

1. "Download high quality voice file: A high quality voice file will be downloaded for the Portuguese (Brazil) language. To hear high qualityTTS voice, download a high quality voice file."
  2. "From us.councilors425qd.top: You should update your Android Cleaner now or your phone might be slowed down and your battery may discharge quickly."
  3. "Cleaner Update for Samsung Recommended! Due to latest report hacking event targeting Galaxy S4 Mini, we released a Cleaner update, and it is recommended for your phone. If you do not update, your Galaxy S4 Mini might be slowed down and your battery may discharge quickly. Install suggested Antivirus for FREE to clean your Samsung immediately!" [with options to "Instalar" or "Cancelar"

I can't seem to get rid of this issue. I've tried shutting off my device, clearing my data and even reinstalling Chrome. It keeps happening.

(By the way, this all started when I did a google search for "Weather tomorrow in Raleigh" in my google search widget, which redirected me to Chrome and opened this mess... -_- )

Also, it finally successfully downloaded the "Female for Portuguese(..." voice data for text-to-speech (TTS) file, and now my phone just rattles off Portuguese non-stop. I've now muted my phone.

2 questions:
  1. How do I get rid of this terrible thing?
  2. How do I find and delete the Portuguese TTS file???

What I've tried:
  • I've already downloaded and ran Malwarebytes and Norton Antivirus, neither of which found/did anything.
  • I've done a search of my files using OIFileManager, but I could not find the TTS file.
  • I've checked the download history in Chrome, but it similarly shows no evidence of the TTS file.

Please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech