The phone app used by my Galaxy S5 (Verizon) always displays a screen after ending the call with the option to call or message the person or to add to contacts. I can't tell you how many times I have hit dial by mistake. I have to remember to hit power or the home button. Is there a way to stop that behavior or to replace the phone app with something that behaves better? Thanks.
    10-11-2014 01:01 PM
    You can replace the phone app with any phone app at the Play Store or the Amazon App store (they're the two safe places to install apps from). Then, when you've found one you like, delete the phone icon in the dock and drag the new app's icon (from the app drawer to the homescreen, then to the dock. Either use a "default app" app to set that one as your default app or call your phone, answer and you'll be asked which app to use. Choose the new one and press Always.
    10-11-2014 04:01 PM
    I would appreciate any recommendations. I have Go Contacts EX, which has a dialer, but when I froze the stock phone app, it opened Skype.
    10-11-2014 06:14 PM
    I tried Reactiv Dialer, but still get the Samsung Galaxy Phone app when it connects and hangs up. Attached image is what I am trying to disable/eliminate.
    Attached Thumbnails Is there any way to take off the display that has me call or message the person I just hung up with back?-screenshot_2014-10-11-19-25-50.jpg  
    10-11-2014 06:30 PM
    Applications Manager. Find Phone. Tap it. Scroll down to "clear defaults". Tap that. Back out to the homescreen. Receive a phone call. You'll be asked which app to use. Choose it and try Just once if you just want to try the app or Always if that's the one you always want to use for phone calls. (You can always clear defaults on that app and change to another one later, if you find one you like better.)
    10-11-2014 08:43 PM
    Cleared defaults with Reactive Dialer installed. Phone was not in lock state. Call went to stock Samsung (Touchwiz) phone app.

I need a replacement for the entire app. So far, only Skype seems to be a replacement, but I need something that works for normal cell calls.
    10-20-2014 12:41 PM
    I tried a few different ways to do what you want. It seems that incoming calls always go to Phone, regardless of the default dialer (Contacts and Phone aren't set as defaults - it must be hard-wired.).
    10-20-2014 02:40 PM
    I think the only thing is to install a different ROM, but I'm not ready to go there yet.
    10-20-2014 07:29 PM
    Since the bootloader on the Verizon (and AT&T) S5 is locked, the only ROMs you can install are ROMs that are modifications of the stock ROM (apps added, bloat removed, etc.) That wouldn't change the dialer unless someone really tore the ROM apart, and that's not usually one of the parts ROM devs modify.
    10-20-2014 11:22 PM