Dear all,
    I have been using happily my Samsung galaxy tab 2, 10.1, GT-P5510 model.
    However since I accepted latest firmware update from Samsung (Android 4.2.2), the device became a terrible handset.
    It freezes continuously.
    It becomes unresponsive with whatever app.
    So I first deleted some apps, then I tried (without success to wipe the partition - but got an error and reboot), then I have performed a factory reset.
    Latest one helped but didn't fix the problem. It still freezes.
    I am tempted to install a newer Android, but I can't find ROMs that work (I found one for a 4.4 but the system wouldn't accept it).

Can anyone please suggest what to do?
    Any link where to download a reliable ROM?
    At this point even a 4.1 would do as the system was working fine before this update.

Thanks for any help.
    Mik
    10-11-2014 02:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums. When you say you wiped the partition, do you mean you went into recovery and tried wiping the cache?
    10-11-2014 02:36 PM
    Yes, exactly that, with power button and volume down...
    I selected "wipe the partition" but I got: "error" and then device rebooted.
    I could do a factory reset only via settings with device up and running.
    10-11-2014 03:06 PM
    Did you install 4.2.2 manually, or was it an over the air update? If OTA, whoever sent it (your carrier, Samsung) is responsible for any problems it caused.
    10-11-2014 03:16 PM
    It was OTA, but it's a bit complex:
    I bought the device when I was living in another country; moved out this summer and I have no clue where to bring it...
    that's why I am searching for hacking it myself... it seems to me the best solution
    10-11-2014 03:22 PM
    Rooting and flashing a ROM might do what you need it to. CM, and I think there is one for Liquid smooth.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-11-2014 03:29 PM
    Thanks Golfdriver97.
    I am not familiar with it and I am googling while typing...
    will CM help me to find the available ROM?

I read somewhere else that a problem could be a corrupted/partially corrupted external SD card...
    I will give it a go without SD card and see if I get any improvement... or format it at the end.

The rooting and flashing it is the most attractive option admittedly, but also the most error prone.
    Thanks again.
    10-11-2014 03:41 PM
    Thanks Golfdriver97.
    I am not familiar with it and I am googling while typing...
    will CM help me to find the available ROM?

I read somewhere else that a problem could be a corrupted/partially corrupted external SD card...
    I will give it a go without SD card and see if I get any improvement... or format it at the end.

The rooting and flashing it is the most attractive option admittedly, but also the most error prone.
    Thanks again.
    Since the SD Card option is easier, I would try that first. Unmount it and see if there is any improvement.
    10-11-2014 03:47 PM
    Ok,
    it seems that the SD card is not the problem or at least not the only one.
    Do I need to root it to do the flashing of the ROM?
    I am browsing google play to find a rooting app... there are several... should I trust all of them? :-)
    10-12-2014 04:50 AM
    Yes you need to root to flash a ROM. I would check out either YouTube videos, or search the Unlockr or XDA.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-12-2014 10:06 AM