When i first bought the phone, it lasts like 10hrs or more even if i play games (It's been 2 months). Now, It only lasts for about 4-7 hours. Is it because i always let the battery down to 1% and still playing while charging? Or what? Please help! I would really like to get my old battery life back
    10-11-2014 07:16 PM
    Is it because i always let the battery down to 1%
    Probably. That shortens the life of the battery drastically. For longest battery life, the ideal charging point is around 40%-60%. (See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries)

As far as charging it while playing games, if the phone is charging while you're playing, it's charging. It's charging more slowly than if it were off, but it's charging. But if the game is using more current than the phone is drawing from the charger, the battery is actually discharging, even though the charger is plugged in.
    WickedSharkz likes this.
    10-11-2014 08:14 PM
    Probably. That shortens the life of the battery drastically. For longest battery life, the ideal charging point is around 40%-60%. (See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries)

As far as charging it while playing games, if the phone is charging while you're playing, it's charging. It's charging more slowly than if it were off, but it's charging. But if the game is using more current than the phone is drawing from the charger, the battery is actually discharging, even though the charger is plugged in.
    Thanks, man!!
    10-11-2014 11:25 PM
    Ok another questions came into my mind

x What's the minimum point to charge your battery so it doesnt decrease its life?

x Will using the phone while charging damage the battery?

x Is it ok if i charge it then5 mnts later plug it out, then 2 mnts later charge and repeats ? Does it damages the battery?
    10-13-2014 08:15 AM
    I'm no expert Wicked, but I'd just like to say you could drive yourself mad trying to use your battery in the optimum way....trying to keep it between 40% and 80% charge and so on. I generally drop to about 20-30% before charging, and then use the phone while it's charging. When it tells me it's reached 100%, I may or may not unplug, but if I do unplug and continue to use I'll then top it up later before unplugging for the night. What all this does for battery life I don't know, and don't really care very much....I can always buy a new battery as and when necessary.

Posted via Android Central App
    WickedSharkz likes this.
    10-13-2014 06:51 PM
    I'm no expert Wicked, but I'd just like to say you could drive yourself mad trying to use your battery in the optimum way....trying to keep it between 40% and 80% charge and so on. I generally drop to about 20-30% before charging, and then use the phone while it's charging. When it tells me it's reached 100%, I may or may not unplug, but if I do unplug and continue to use I'll then top it up later before unplugging for the night. What all this does for battery life I don't know, and don't really care very much....I can always buy a new battery as and when necessary.

Posted via Android Central App
    Okay thanks... that helped me out a lot
    10-14-2014 03:52 AM