How can I delete shared Facebook messenger photos from my Android phone?

A

AC Question

how can i delete shared facebook messenger photos from my android phone

My girlfriend has a Samsung galaxy ace 2 android phone. She uses facebook messenger app to chat and send photos. Although she has deleted entire conversations, when she goes to "view shared photos" from the messenger app, she finds pictures as old as a year. When she logged on to facebook messenger from different android phone, no pictures were found. So it has to be some hidden file where facebook messenger stores shared pictures? I told her to download file explorer manager so that she can see the root directory and hidden files. As I found in another answer we did the following: (They hide the photos. You have to have a rooted phone. Its in the hidden root directory, data/data/com.facebook.orca/cache)
All cache was deleted, but still the photos appear, whenever she opens facebook messenger app. The phone is not rooted, we just downloaded a file manager app.
Help please

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a nexus 7 tablet,I was able to delete mine by deleting the fb messenger conversation then going to the settings menu,then apps, then messenger, after clicking on messenger, it will show you the app info, force stop,uninstall, clear data, clear cache and clear defaults, press clear data and clear cache and when I check the messenger shared pictures, everything's gone. Hope this helps.

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It is literally impossible to delete shared photos from Facebook messenger. Although this does not SOLVE the problem, it certainly fixes it until Facebook actually does something about it.

Create a group chat. Make a group chat with at least three people, and then have one of the people leave the chat. You're left with you and the other person of the conversation that you wanted the photos to disappear from.

Now you have a brand new conversation with 0 shared photos or messages. The only downside is that if you ever delete the conversation, you have to create the group chat again if you want to start a conversation without the shared pictures.

PLEASE SHARE THIS ANSWER WITH OTHERS.

LLLW

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Someone might have answered this already but just in case.

go to your phone's settings
click on storage
go to images
there should be a photo called messenger
in there you'll find the shared images
do a longer click on the photo or photos you wish to delete(a tap will only open the image)
click on the trash can and rejoice!

at least that's what worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish