I upgraded my software (I didn't actually, it upgraded by itself), and my phone started turning off and on by itself. On occasion, blue screen would flash after phone turns itself off. Software that is upgraded is 4.4.2 kitkat. I do not know if anyone else had any issues after upgrade, but I can tell that a problem started after upgrade. I have this phone for a less than a month and a worrenty is still valid. If no one can help me, I will take my phone to get fixed, but I wanted to give it a go here before I go through a hassle of repairman. Oh, I tried to clean a battery connection and we will see what will happen. Thank you for your time.
    10-12-2014 08:35 AM
    Try wiping the Cache Partition, a good idea after an update.
    The linked article below tells you how to get into Recovery Mode, where you would select the Cache Partition wipe as described there. No data will be lost. Just avoid the Factory Reset option, which certainly would wipe your personal data.
    http://www.android.gs/enter-recovery...alaxy-grand-2/

That takes care of the system data cache. While you're about it, go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache, which takes care of the app data cache.
    Think of all this as clearing out clutter. It may, or may not, help. If it doesn't, report back and we'll think of something else.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-12-2014 09:52 AM
    I already did this before I posted the question, sorry I forgot to mention that. Thanks anyways, but I took it to repair shop and I will post what was the problem for future references. Thank you very much
    belodion likes this.
    10-13-2014 04:57 AM
    Welcome as a new member and good luck with your phone.☺

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 05:51 AM
    Hello I am facing the same problem . I did not upgrade it . I don't know why is this happening .please help me .
    06-13-2015 10:18 AM
    Hi all of u m facing the same problem my galaxy grand is switching off by itself .......
    i already tried factory data reset took it to d service center but nthng helped ......i hope someone would help me
    05-27-2016 12:26 AM