Where are my pictures going if they aren't showing in my gallery?

A

AC Question

pictures wont show up in gallery

Hey everyone. Ok so a couple weeks ago I installed a SD card on my M8. Right now I only have music on it. Everything was fine until a couple days ago. Idk if the ad card has anything to do with it.

A couple days ago I noticed all my pictures were gone in gallery and my playlist in music were gone. Or so I thought.

I Looked under file manager and I found them In the phones storage not the sd card. They are still on my phone and I can only open them through file manager. Now my question is...how do I get my pictures back to where I can see them in gallery. I had a bunch of different albums.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: pictures wont show up in gallery

Gallery sees the pictures seen by media scan when you turn the phone on. Install Rescan Media (from the Play Store), turn media scan off, then turn it on, and you should see the pictures again. (Unless there's a file in that folder named .nomedia [note that there's no name to the left of the dot]. That prevents media scan from looking in that folder - and that's all it does, so you can delete it if you want those files found.)

Jordan Patten

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: pictures wont show up in gallery

I posted the question. Thanks. I downloaded media scanner. And ran it. Nothing changed. I even restarted my phone. A lot of the media scanner apps wouldn't even work. Android 4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox